Friday, December 19, 2014

Let's Be Brave

I am so ready… like that horrible little sponge our children rot their brains on.. I’m ready, I’m ready, I’m ready , ready ready. Whew, enough of that! I want to be Brave!! I’m growing and this year has been amazing in watching myself grow. I have been bouncing around a million ideas of what to blog about this last month of 2014. I know I want to talk about what I have planned for 2015! What I have accomplished with that is “I know I want to have a plan” ha! Simplicity at it’s best.
Gosh it is hard to sit and focus when you are chomping at the bit and wanting to make so many things happen. I found some inspiration today. It was kind of tossed on my floor and kicked to the side for two days, but today I picked it up and took time to read (some of it). Who loves Oprah!!?? I do. I didn't as a kid ugg I’d live the room quickly if mom was watching her. Now that I’m all grown up (sarcasm) I love to READ her Magazine. I don’t watch her on T.V. , but I do read. This issue is about  “Brave New You” and it couldn't be at a better time. All this self preparing to grab the bull by the horns and take charge of next year I needed this.
So what did I find on the highlights that I read today? I found a great Page on giving yourself the “Greatest Pep Talk Ever”! Yes we need that!! So I jumped on my personal Facebook and shared this 3 step Pep Talk with all my friends to read. Here is how it went , the first is just what was in the book and the second one is what I filled in!!
Pep Talk
Step one: Confront your FEARS
If I were truly brave, I would (what’s the one thing you really want to do?).
But I’ve been telling myself I can’t because (list all the reasons you’ve put off getting started).
Really though, the worst thing that could happen is (how bad could it be?). My bravest friend, (name), would tell me to (what sage advice would she or he give?).
But I’m afraid other people, like (who are these negatrons?), will say (what’s the worst they could come up with?).
If that happens, I’ll respond by (you’ll feel more confident if you have a plan).
Step Two: Call in Reinforcements
Asking for hep doesn’t make me look weak. When things get hard, I’ll call, (who is your greatest supporter) for back up because (how will this person help you reach your goal?) and (who else) because ( how will they help you reach your goal). having people on my team will make me feel (stronger? more confident? safer?)
Step Three: Dare yourself to get Started
(this is the last step)
If I want to begin (whats your goal again) right this minute, I can (whats your first move). Then, over the next few months, I can (set mini goals) and (mini goal) and (mini goal). Even if (can you predict some potential pitfalls?) happen , I won’t give up because (be your own cheerleader!)
My answers
If i were truly brave, I would TALK TO ANYONE AND EVERY ONE ABOUT YOUNIQUE. But I’ve been telling myself I can’t because, I DON’T WANT TO BOTHER PEOPLE AND I LIVE IN A TOWN THAT I DON’T KNOW ANYONE, ASKING FOR HELP IS SO HARD. Really though the worst thing that could happen is I WILL BE REJECTED AND FEEL PUT DOWN. My bravest friend JENNIFER  (my sister), would tell me to SUCK IT UP AND GO FOR IT. But I am afraid other people like FRIENDS, FAMILY, AND STRANGERS, Will say, WHY ARE YOU BOTHERING ME WITH THIS, I DON’T HAVE TIME FOR YOU, I HATE MAKE UP , IT’S A SCAM, if that happens, I’ll respond by POLITELY SAYING THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME, IF YOU MAY KNOW OF ANYONE INTERESTED PLEASE LET THEM KNOW ABOUT ME. ...whew that was hard.
Asking for hep doesn't make me look weak. When things get hard, I’ll call,John My BF for back up because HE IS THE BEST AND GREATEST SUPPORTER I HAVE and MY Y-SISTERS because THEY HAVE BEEN IN MY SHOES AND WE ARE ALWAYS THERE FOR EACH OTHER. having people on my team will make me feel STRONGER, THEY HELP GIVE ME STRENGTH AND CONFIDENCE AND IF I FAIL THEY ARE THERE TO TELL ME TO GET BACK UP
If I want to begin TELLING EVERYONE ABOUT YOUNIQUE right this minute, I can POST MY STORY OF WHY I JOINED AND WHAT I HAVE GAINED. Then, over the next few months, I can KEEP POSTING AND TELLING and ASK FRIENDS TO SHARE and ASK PEOPLE AROUND TOWN. Even if NO ONE RESPONDS OR I AM REJECTED happens , I won’t give up because BEING A PART OF SOMETHING BIG LIKE YOUNIQUE HAS BEEN A BLESSING AND HELPED ME DISCOVER MORE OF MY SELF WORTH THAN I EVEN IMAGINED IT POSSIBLY COULD.
What do you think about this Pep Talk? I found it so helpful making my goals. It gives you the ground for setting them and the extra push to follow through.

No comments:

Post a Comment