Friday, December 19, 2014

My Mommy Sells Makeup

Yes, my darling dears , I do sell make up. When I first started my little girl was so excited. She got all my old make up and an old purse to keep it in. We would practice putting it on and talking about it. Soon I noticed she didn’t want to go anywhere without first doing her make up. This worried me. I was never a real big fan of make up growing up. I would wear it here and there and most of the time I just didn’t care about it.
It made me stop and think about why am I selling make up? To make women beautiful….NO! Women are beautiful without any make up. I am selling mere products that enhance the outer beauty you have!  I sell make up to help women show their own personality and flair. Make up can be for covering up imperfections like scars or blemishes even dark spots. As women we need to accept that we are not AIRBRUSHED. Ha! That’s just crazy. We as humans are YOU*nique.
I was in a car wreck back in 2000 and as a young teenager I was left with scars on the side of my face. My mother worried for me, she worried I wouldn’t still see my Inner beauty because my Outer Beauty was now damaged. I can honestly say It NEVER bothered me. I accepted my appearance and never looked back.
We should use make up for POP. We can ENHANCE not HIDE.  When I put on make up and I have clean skin (not always) I don’t bother with base foundations. I may do a dusting of powder and a little blush. I will do my eyes and then go with a nice neutral lip gloss. (Luxe) I have yet to conquer the technique of eyebrows, so those bad boys are usually UN-touched. haha.
I had the opportunity to go to the Younique Convention (Younique is the line of Make up I sell). I was amazed at all the wonderful women I met at the convention. The entire experience excited me, moved me and left me feeling so happy with the choice I made of joining. We have an amazing Mission Statement:
“Younique’s mission is to uplift, empower, validate, and ultimately build self-esteem in women around the world through high-quality products that encourage both inner and outer beauty and spiritual enlightenment while also providing opportunities for personal growth and financial reward.”
Our Mission statement is what sold me on joining Younique. My sponsor is all the way in Utah and I’m way down south in Louisiana. I was able to meet her and the rest of my Up-line at the convention in Texas. Next Convention is in Chicago and I will be ATTENDING!! I cannot wait to see all my friends again and learn more about embracing my Inner self.
One of my Uplines shared with me a great Youtube video because I told her I had a hard time just stepping up out of my comfort zone and talking to people the main point was STOP IT!! Just stop it and do it. Don’t let anything hold you back.
We as a society are basically forced fed how we should look. If you do not hold up to the movies and magazines you are not beautiful enough.  I love to look at older ads for  women  that show real shaped women and that it’s okay to be thicker. Everyone is beautiful in their own very special way. I learn so much everyday from my daughter. I wanted to be sure she was learning from me as well.
I have made a mental list of what I don’t want her to see me doing. I don’t want her to see me putting myself down. I don’t want her to see me  putting others down about their appearance. I don’t want her to feel she is not beautiful in her natural form. As much as I want her to know she is beautiful just the way she is I want the people I come into contact with to see that I feel the same about myself and that I see the same in them.
I could stand in front of the Mirror all day and point out so many things I find wrong with my body, face, and personal weaknesses.  You know you do this too no matter what your size is. We sit there and say how fat or skinny we are, how imperfect our faces are, how we hate our eyes, mouth, noses, breasts, butts and on and on. I cannot let my daughter grow up thinking she is not beautiful. So if my daughter catches me putting on my makeup I make it a point to say things like , WOW I love my eyes and you have BEAUTIFUL eyes just like me.  I want to share a Video that I made and I challenge you to try this yourself. We need to Teach SELF LOVE to our children.  We need to Teach SELF LOVE  to the person we see in the Mirror!!

No comments:

Post a Comment